With all the gizmo’s and apps we use these days, and with smartphones keeping the internet with us at all times… Isn’t there some way of using the internet to reduce the amount of half used tubes of tomato puree that accumulate in the fridge door?
Sure there is, surely an app for that- well probably not specifically for counting half used tubes of tomato pure perse, but to help save money on groceries by allowing u to only buy what we need.
Here are the top five apps for saving money on groceries, or at least keeping the fridge a lil less cluttered!
OurGroceries lets you keep a single set of grocery lists for your family or household. Everyone can edit these lists on their mobile phone or web browser. Whenever anyone modifies a list, everyone else sees the changes right away.
For example, you might be at work and remember that you’re out of coffee. You use the OurGroceries application on your mobile phone to add it to the list. If your partner happens to go to the store later that day, they’ll see the new item on their mobile phone and pick up some coffee. Once they do so, they can cross it off the list and it will be crossed off on your list too, automatically!
2. Smart Shopping List
Shopping list that improves the quality of your grocery shopping by making it easier, faster, and most importantly smarter. It is all you would want out of a grocery list and more.
Besides making your shopping a breeze, Smart Shopping List provides a wide range of savvy food hacks, smart shopping tips, and overall grocery wizardry, to help you become a smarter shopper and a more conscious consumer. To make sure that Listonic saves you time and money, we focused on speed, simplicity and a user-friendly practical interface.
3. Grocery List Plus
Do you end up forgetting to buy things while at the supermarket? Or buying too much?
Do you find yourself wasting food that expires in the fridge or pantry?
Then Grocery List Plus may be the app for you. Grocery List Plus is the first, easy to use shopping list app which also alerts you when your fresh food is about to expire!
Grocery List Plus combines the following features:
• Create lists quickly and easily with item suggestions based on your shopping habits
• Organize all your items into supermarket sections to save you time while shopping
• Always have your history on you at all times and be alerted when your food expires
• Set your favorite household items that you need to refill and purchase regularly
4. Out of Milk Shopping List
Shopping List, Pantry List & To-Do List in a small, intuitive and easy-to-use app. With Out of Milk, your Shopping List stays with you everywhere you go and you’ll have it on-hand once you’re ready to go grocery shopping. The Pantry List allows you keep track of your pantry items (spices, essentials, etc…) so that you always know what you have at home. The To-Do list helps you keep track of any other items on your daily list.
Creating an Out of Milk account, syncing and list sharing is completely free… And it’s getting rave reviews to:
Positively reviewed by the WSJ: ‘The Out of Milk app is straightforward and offers three main list functions: shopping, pantry and to do.’
Babble ‘#1 of Top 25 Apps For Moms’, Nielsen ‘Top 10 Most-Used Shopping Apps’, CNET How To ‘Simplify your grocery shopping on Android’, Mashable ‘Grocery List Apps That Make Shopping, Syncing Lists Simple’
5. Food Network In the Kitchen
Get instant access to your favorite Food Network chefs and thousands of their most popular recipes with In the Kitchen, the award-winning, top-rated recipe app, now available for free!
Cook with all your favourites like, Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri and more. Check out helpful recipe and How-To Videos on select recipes. Save your favorite Food Network recipes, access your own personal recipes saved on FoodNetwork.com, add ingredients to your shopping list and more with their new and improved recipe box.
- New recipes added every month.
- Thousands of recipes videos and photos from your favorite Food Network chefs and shows, making it fun and easy to cook like the pros.
- What helpful recipe videos on select recipes.
- Search by chef or ingredient to fit your needs and tastes.
- Well is regularly updated seasonal collections, including
- Save favourite recipes to the new and improved recipe box:
– Save Food Network recipes and access your personal recipes as well as recipes from other websites to create a one-stop-shop for all your favorite recipe content.
– Share with friends and family straight from the Recipe Box via Facebook, Twitter and email.
- Add your own notes tips and substitutions to each recipe for quick and easy reference.
- Add ingredients and other shopping items to your personal shopping lists, which you can access even without a network connection.
- Share recipes on Facebook, Twitter and via email.
- Use the unit converter to easily convert your recipes by volume or weight.
- Use multiple cooking timers to keep tabs on several recipes at once.
- These user ratings and reviews for individual recipes to discover what other Food Network fans loved or changed about each dish.
NB: videos are only available for playback in the United States due to licensing restrictions.
Grocery shopping has really gotten much easier with all of these great food shopping apps you can add to your phone. And you’ll never forget your list again. With your lists stored into these apps, it will make it that much easier to remember all of the ingredients you need to make your favorite recipes.
Saving money using the internet has become so much easier. Aside from using your phone and apps, don’t forget that a Google search will often reveal helpful coupons and where the best sales are. So make the internet a part of your weekly grocery shopping. It will not only save you time, but it will also save you money.
Share this Post